Friday, May 31, 2013

Home. Sweet. Madrid.

I couldn't be more in love with something. 

Madrid is beautiful and I've only seen my neighborhood.  I took a three hour nap and then went on a little adventure in Madrid. I saw this place called burger Nebraska and had to read it twice because I was in shock. It's like I couldn't get away from Nebraska. 

I had a conversation with my host mom in spanish who has had people from Nebraska before which I thought was awesome. She is so nice and loving and I can already tell we will get along. She reminds me a lot of my grandma. Both of them. 

We talked about a little bit of everything but we did talk a lot about my parents and how they are divorced and how some times that's just the way of life. She kept saying gracias adios which is thank god. It threw me off a bit.
She did say that no boys allowed in the house. No spainard husband for me :( just kidding although while I was exploring whole crap. Hotttttieeeess.especially this guy who was smoking a cigarette which btw everyone seems to do(gross) but he had a medical shirt that is a white shirt with the American Red Cross cross on it and was sitting outside the hospital. I just smiled. That's all I can do for now. My host Mom was impressed by my Spanish speaking skills but I hate that it didn't flow together. I have some work to do.

I also have wifi at home which is great.

It's 6:39pm here which means its 11:39am in the states. This time difference kinda sucks but it will be okay. The sooner tomorrow comes the better because ill get to meet my roommate and have someone to explore with. 

I forgot to mention. I already started shopping. This could be a problem. (:

Lets see what the night and tomorrow brings.

No comments:

Post a Comment